Friday, September 3, 2010

She did it again?!?

Well, it seems that the Yellow spider plant's mother is on a tear this week because no sooner had I finished writing my initial post about her first famous child, that I decided to go outside to thank her for giving me a new little project & some renewed excitement regarding spider plants. The last time I was this excited about a spider plant - I think - was in 1981, when I saw one hanging with dozens of little plantlets for the very first time in my life. Anyway...so, I went outside to pay "Mommy Yellow" a visit and look at what I found growing from her! It's a reverse variegation sport & a darned attractive one if you ask me! How exciting! I'm calling this one "Pinstripe Spider." I'll need to make sure that name is not already taken. Is this more common than I think? It seems odd that this plant would have two occurrences like this in the same week if this is not common. I've just never seen it myself. Anyone? Surely there would be a yellow spider plant on the market by now if this had happened before. This is a brand new blog so I'm sure I won't get an answer any time soon but please feel free to chime in when you find this, if you happen to know the answer to any of these questions.

Baby "Pinstripe" Spider

No comments:

Post a Comment